(801) 942-0053    stirlingcpa@gmail.com

IRS Tax Resolution: When The Unthinkable Happens

Jan 17, 2022 | Tax resolution | 0 comments

You hoped it would never happen to you, but it has.  You’re in trouble with the IRS, and despite all the nights you’ve stayed up until dawn trying to rearrange your finances so that you can pay them what they want; despite cutting back on all the spending, including the groceries–which wasn’t hard because you have no appetite any more; and despite doing your best not to sink into full-blown depression, the problem isn’t going away.  You need a favorable tax resolution, but you have no idea where you can turn to find it.


Where To Find tax Resolution Help

Your best bet for getting the tax resolution most advantageous to you and your family is to get a tax expert to represent you in any dealings with the IRS.  Hiring a tax attorney or resolution specialist will give you a clear picture of what the IRS can and cannot do, and when you have an honest assessment of the tax resolution options available to you, you can proceed in pursuing the most favorable one.

If hiring a tax attorney is too much of a financial reach for you in your present situation, consider getting the services of a qualified tax resolution specialist or tax accountant.  A tax advisor is someone with a clear understanding of the Tax Code and can advise you on your tax resolution options but will not cost as much as a tax attorney. 

While a tax accountant is more qualified to advise you on the preparation of your return, finding one who is also a resolution specialist, will give you better options that you can follow or have them work with the IRS.

You may have gone as far as you can with your own investigation of your alternatives, and a tax resolution service will be able to supply you with professional opinions on the best course of action.


Avoiding Tax Resolution

The best way to handle the issue of tax resolution, however, is to keep it from becoming an issue in the first place.  Get professional advice before you file a tax return, instead of waiting for your omissions and mistakes to catch up with you. For more info see https://www.StirlingCPA.com on Tax Preparation.

Hire a tax accountant and provide him or her with all your financial records from the previous year whether or not you think they are important.  Keep those records organized, so you won’t be paying the accountant to alphabetize your restaurant receipts.  Start practicing tax responsibility, and tax resolution need never be a concern.

You May Also Like


What happens if it is Rejected? What happens if your IRS Offer-in-Compromise is rejected? Do not...


Submit a Comment